A popular thing these days in the blogosphere is memes. Some say they are the result of a creative network – others say they are more akin to a virus that keeps popping up. Whatever you think of them, here is a meme that apparently will not stay out of my inbox if I don’t address it. So here goes:
“The Next Big Thing”
1. What is the title of your next book/work?
2. Where did the idea come from for the book/work?
- A blog post I once wrote about the invisible people in our world. Check it out here.
3. What genre does your book/work fall under?
- Psychological Suspense
4. What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
- Rand Jackson (protagonist) - William H. Macy
- Thomas Kyd (antagonist) – William Forsyth
- Vera Mathis (female character actor part)- Catherine O’Hara
5. What is a one-sentence synopsis of your book?
- As Destiny, Texas sleeps Rand Jackson rediscovers a gift that once was his biggest curse, and might well still be.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
- Yet to be seen
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
- Still working
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
- Falling Away – T.L. Hines (minus the spiritual warfare angle)
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
- A mixture of my youngest son’s experiences in the military and a few of my own monumental screw-ups in life.
10. What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
- “The past is a cruel mistress isn’t she Rand? Just when you think you’ve settled down with the present with a glimmer of hope for a future, she shows up out of nowhere getting all bent out of shape because you’ve been ignoring her.” – Line from Thomas Kyd (antagonists)
So now – if you are a writer, what’s the next big thing? And whatever you are, what is the next big thing in your life?